Perfect snack for Diwali potluck..."Spongy Khaman Dhokla"
( 5 minutes in microwave)
- 2 cups Gram flour (besan)
- 1/2tsp salt
- 1/2tsp turmeric powder
- 1/2 tsp citric acid
- 1tsp sugar
- 1tsp oil
- 3/4tbs Eno salt
- Grated coconut and coriander leaves for garnish.
- First sieve your gram flour(besan) to make sure there is no lumps in batter
- Take 2 cups Gram flour and all ingredients in a bowl without water and Eno salt.
- After mixing all ingredients make a batter with water.( You can also add grated ginger and green chilli in batter ). Rest for 10 minutes
- Add Eno salt and beat for 1 to 2 minutes.
- Pour this batter in dhokla maker (greased with oil) and steam.
Note :I made my dhokla in microwave for 5 minuts.
If you are making in steamer then steam for 10 to 15 mnts.
(These Measurement are according to the container which I used )
If you are using small container then reduce quantity and time accordingly.
Ingredients for Tadka
- 1/2 tsp oil
- 1/2 tsp mustard seed
- 10 to 15 Curry leaves
- 5 to 7 green chilli
- 2 glass water
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 5 tsp sugar
- 3/4 tsp citric acid
- Heat up oil in a pan and splutter the mustard seed add Curry leaves and green chilli add 2 glass of water add salt ,sugar citric acid and take a boil.
- Pour this water over steamed khaman slowly. khaman will soak all water and rise .
- Garnish with grated coconut and coriander leaves and enjoy fluffy mouth watering khaman dhokla.