- For Cham-Cham :
- Milk - 1/2 Litre
- Water - 1/4 Cup
- White Vinegar - 1tbsp
- Pinch of food color
- For Chasni:
- Water - 2 cup
- Sugar - 1/2 cup
- Cardamom Powder - 1/2 tsp
- Few strands of saffron
- For Rabri & Top design:
- Milk powder - 1.5 cup
- Milk - 3/4 cup
- Sugar - 5 tbsp
- Cardamom Powder
- Few Strands of saffron
- Shredded dry fruits
- Icing cone
- First take 1/2 liter milk to a sauce pan, boil it on medium to high flame. Once it is boiled, switch off the Flame , keep it aside for 2-4 mins.
- Mix 1/4 cup of water and 1 TBSP white vinegar in a bowl and add it in milk by spoon , once milk starts to curdle, stop adding water-vinegar mix.
- Once it is curdled, pour it in a sieve with cotton cloth, wash it with water 2 times , squeeze all the water(whey) and put some heavy weight for 45-60 minutes on this cloth.Water should be drained completely. ( I have used salt jar for just heavy weight )
- Take this channa ( छेना ) in a plate and knead well with palm till it gets smooth (add pinch of yellow food color & knead at-least for 6 to 8 minutes)
- Divide into equal balls and give shape according to your choice.
- Take a pressure cooker, add 2 cup water ,1/2 cup sugar, few saffron strands,1/2 tbsp cardamom powder and boil it until everything mix properly ,drop channa balls one by one in boiling water
- Take 2 whistles on high flame , then switch off the flame , after 30 minutes once all pressure get released and cooker gets cool down then open it.
- You will find that all cham-cham has been doubled in size.
- Take them out from cooker carefully with the help of slotted spoon (so that they will be very soft and juicy)
- Once they cool down then put them in refrigerator for 30 minutes ( cham-cham is ready)
For rabri and top design of cham-cham:
- Take a pan, add 1/4 cup of milk , 1.5 cup milk powder , mix well on low to medium flame, add 3 TBSP sugar ,few strands of saffron,1/2 tsp cardamom powder & mix well , it will be mixed as mava (khoya)
- Take out half portion of mava which we will use as top design.
- Once mava gets cool down, add pinch of food color to half of mava & fill it in icing cone ( i used 33 no. nozzle ) and for half part make it little thiner by adding 1tbsp milk for top layer.
- In the remaining part of Mava, add 1/2 cup of milk , 2 tbsp of sugar , cardamom powder, few saffron strands & mix well.
To decorate cham-cham:
- Squeeze out water from cham-cham , apply upper layer mava & then decorate with icing cone.
- Garnish with almond , shredded dry fruits, saffron strands.
- At serving time ,take some rabri in bowls and put cham-cham and serve it.
- Using color is completely optional, if you don`t want to use then skip it.
- If you already have readymade mava , then you can make top designs directly from mava and add some milk to make rabri directly in mava.
- If you are making this sweet for party, then you can make cham-cham few days before and mava as well & decorate then one day before party.
- From 1/2 litre milk , you will get 4 big size cham-cham, you can increase the amount accordingly.
- If you don`t have icing cone , you can make it using any plastic bag.